Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

A Bride's Wedding Dilemmas - Relationships - Weddings

If your wedding planning is giving you sleepless nights then read on & see if any of these wedding dilemmas seem familiar. Remember a problem shared is a problem halved!

I am struggling with where to begin with my wedding planning. I really want our day to be everything we dream of.

The first step is to prioritize those things that are most important to you both & keep those in mind throughout the initial wedding planning stages. Discuss it between you both & make sure you are both on the same wave length. Doing this now will keep the stress levels in check later on & ultimately you will achieve the wedding you are both dreaming of.

To start your wedding planning, come up with a theme, style or color as a starting point. Then follow our other wedding planning tips & checklists to ensure you don't miss any details out & have a wonderful wedding day.

I want long, flowing locks for my wedding but I don't think my hair will grow fast enough. Are hair extensions recommended?

In terms of transforming your hair, then hair extensions are great. However, I would recommend a trial run a few weeks before your wedding day to make sure you are entirely happy with the look & know how to manage them. Make sure you book a good reputable salon & talk to the stylist before the appointment to make sure they understand what is you want.

I am dreading my bachelorette party. I just don't want a night on the town with L-plates & strippers, particularly as I want to invite my Mom & Grandma. Do you have any suggestions?

They are plenty of bachelorette party themes out there that don't involve strippers, tacky outfits & copious amounts of alcohol. One of the most popular choices is a Spa day with your closest friends & family. It is a great time to relax, be pampered & just have fun. Another option is to have the party at home; choose a theme & you are sure to have a great night in!

I have been reading about some brides having a second outfit at the reception or evening party. I am considering this option & would like to have something sexier for the evening do. But when should I change?

In recent years many brides have opted to change into a shorter dress usually for the evening party so they can dance the night away. Some wedding dress designers have come up with 'little white dresses' for this purpose, but if you think creatively you may be able to come up with a versatile wedding dress that can meet both needs. Take a look at dresses with detachable trains or wear a cover up over a backless dress. For this season the trend is towards knee length dresses, which would suit you perfectly. If do change dresses then the best time is just before the first dance as this provides the perfect moment to showcase the new dress.

My bridesmaids all have different coloring & I am concerned that they will not all suit the color I have chosen for them to wear.

Don't panic, you will find that there is a shade to suit everyone. The best advice is to stick to your chosen color but allow your bridesmaids to choose the shade which will suit them best.

I am thinking about making a speech at the wedding but is it appropriate for the bride to do so & what should I say?

Many couples are breaking with tradition & are adding their own touches to their wedding receptions. It is a popular trend for brides to make speeches alongside the best man, father of the bride & groom. Try to think of something that is special to you, from the heart & sincere. It is also the perfect opportunity for you to thank your bridesmaids & parents (including your new-in-laws) & anyone else who has helped make your wedding day special.


0